Friday, July 20, 2007

So I gave him the finger

They say driving is courtesy. I tend to subscribe to the saying and abide by it. On the road I consider other peoples' urge to get home quickly from work and whenever I'm on the left lane I give way to faster vehicles.

However, I dread people who turn their head lights from a whooping 500 meters asking you to step away. I even hate it when somone shows silly attitude such as sticking up so close to the car. I've had 5 meter gaps between my car and the car behind. I don't mind drivers being fast and appraching my car while I'm on the left lane. I would certainly find a gap to my right and try to gave way.

Sadly, I feel the general driving attitude in Bahrain has been in constant decline when it comes to manners and courtesy. I, for one, never swore at any driver and made sure they saw I was swearing.

Today, some silly asshole comes from a far distance while flashing their head light and sticking up my ass as close as 3 or 4 meters. THAT'S fucking dangerous and it's not acceptable. Any step on my breaks would mean a crash and the consequences are terrible to both cars and to whoever is on the road.

So this shithead comes with an attitude flashing his headlights like he own the road, horns like a maniac and can clearly see I can't move to the right because there are so many bloody cars. Anyway, he keeps on pressing the car horn and I signaled him to wait a bit with my hand until I find a fucking gap. As soon as I try to go to the right, the asshole must have been doing 150 Km/H going from the left lane to the right most lane (3 lanes to my right) and comes in front of me. He waives his hands saying "Bye Bye I managed to cross you". For the very first time in my life on the road here I laughed and I thought the occasion deserves a sweet finger.

...And finger he got.

WTF is wrong with people these days, no manners on the road!! Must I go so low!!!

4 comments:

Ammaro said...

Road manners in bahrain have reached a level beneath that of the lowest bacteria rotting on the carcass of a dog dying in the rain on the side of the street

Shark Hunter said...

Very well said ammar ;)

Unknown said...

Agreed, bahrain's drivers are getting worse.. my father used to say "Oh I miss the good ol'days where bahrain was literally (balad al aman)".

There is one time where I was driving on the left of a 2-lane road with max speed of 70kmph, I was driving up to 80-90kmph, one guy came out of nowhere behind me and flashing his light so many times that I found it suitable to simply ignore him :D

When he passed me, I gave him a good blinding flash in return ^_^

Dr Purva Pius said...

HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM DR PURVA PIUS LOAN FINANCE (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com