Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Salary Raise

With the recent news on salary adjustment in NBB of 15% and ABC's matching 1% increase, now we all have a serious raise in our salary expectations!

The raise must have come from the pressure exertion by the voices of employees of NBB (Bravo if so); otherwise if it was the bankers' union, we would all be happy with a raise (whatever the percentage really, you can't complain). Will all banks or companies go under pressure for adjustments too?

Should our organisations really be affected by whatever pressure to make any adjustement if not equivalent? Personally, I would love for an adjustment to be made (who wouldn't?) but if I was the CEO, I think I might be tempted to resist raising any expectations within my organisation in the very short run. However, that's a very political situation for a decision maker; "Should I or should I not?", "What if I do, and what if I don't?". It would be an interesting period ahead of us I must say.

How would any organisation play this given the expected 9% GOSI deduction within the next 2 years, unpredictable stability in the region, inflation (Aaaahh, our new age sorrow) and the general workers' mood in this country? I think while the cries of the worker class seems to get louder, the situation may only server a tiny proportion of that class. To the rest of us, god bless us!

2 comments:

'Citizen X' said...

AN,

I won't be holding my breath waiting for a sweeping reform in the Banking sector; in fact I’m waiting for the other shoe to fall, whereby we are informed of more deductions, or a freeze in increments.

CX

Dr Purva Pius said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.

BORROWERS APPLICATION DETAILS


1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
2. Telephone Numbers:……….
3. Address and Location:…….
4. Amount in request………..
5. Repayment Period:………..
6. Purpose Of Loan………….
7. country…………………
8. phone…………………..
9. occupation………………
10.age/sex…………………
11.Monthly Income…………..
12.Email……………..

Regards.
Managements
Email Kindly Contact: urgentloan22@gmail.com