Friday, November 17, 2006

Office 2007 and BI

Lately I have been getting my hands abit dirty with Office 2007. Nothing done so far but I am trying to investigate the BI capabilities of Excel 2007 especially after seeing all the scorecarding and dashboaring presentational capabilities. Obviously I need to combine Analysis Server 2005 skills too -which I'm still picking up - with what Office 2007 has to offer.

however I also stumbled upon Business Object's Xcelcius (http://www.xcelsius.com/) which an amazing flash generating Dashboard component that you can simply hook to any data source to come up with a neat dashboard. I liked the what-if analysis and the simplicity in hooking it up to excel sheets. The video presentation and the demos gave a good picture about the power behind it.

I'll probably post some screen shots of whatever I acheive in my next blog, so the next post has already been planned. For now, it's the weekend and there is lots and lots of the premier league...

No comments: